There are many different iPhone applications that work with BLE service. Your app will require you to separately identify your sensors. CABLE enables the application to see the ANT+ sensors that you have set up within the CABLE application.
Apps include: Fulgaz, Map My Fitness Suite, KinoMap, Sufferfest, Polar Beat, RunMeter, Strava, Wahoo Fitness, Zwift, Zwift on Apple TV, etc.
- In the App Store for iOS devices, download CABLEConfig app. This application is used to configure your sensors to the CABLE unit. If the app shows a firmware update pop-up, please install it for best use. *Note: This is the only time you need an iOS device with CABLE. After your sensors are configured with the app, you no longer need the CABLEConfig app on an iOS device. However, if you add a new sensor, you’ll need the CABLEConfig app again to configure that new sensor.
- Open your desired fitness application. Each one has a slightly different process, but if the app is BLE compatible, there should be a setting for connecting accessories.
- 3. Refer to the individual application help section for this step. However, you should see the individual sensors to select from, not the CABLE unit. You should then see your sensor data in the application.
- Turn your sensors on and keep them within range (3 meters).
- Turn on CABLE by giving the unit a hard double-tap with your finger. You should then see the green LED flash every two seconds.
- With your CABLE now turned on and nearby/attached to your bike, tap on the menu in the CABLEConfig app and select “Scan ANT+ Sensors.”
- Then, tap the check box for the desired sensors to pair them with your CABLE. You may only pair one of each type of sensor (heart rate, cadence, etc.) in any given sensor set- A or B.
- Once you have selected your sensors, tap the menu to “Save Sensors.” Your CABLE is now paired with your sensors.
- To make two sets: Tap “Switch to Set B” instead of “Save Sensors.” This will save your Set A setup of ANT+ sensors. Switching to Set B will now allow you to scan for your new ANT+ sensors.
- Once you have selected your sensors, tap the menu to “Save Sensors.” Your CABLE is now paired with your Set B sensors.
- To know which set you are in: There is a letter in the right corner of the green background indicating what set you are in.
- Finally, completely CLOSE the CABLEConfig app. Keeping the app running in the background can cause connectivity issues.
*If your CABLE cannot find your sensor(s), verify that your sensor is ANT+, not ANT or any other profile. If the issue persists, contact customer service. Complete list of Compatible Sensors: Click here
To Use CABLE:
- Turn on your sensors.
- Turn on CABLE by giving the unit a hard double-tap with your finger. The CABLE will be blinking green once a second. (See CABLE FAQ section 3 for light sequencing at http://npe-inc.com/cableinfo/cable-faq/)
- Turn on your fitness app.
- Turn off your fitness app.
- Turn your sensors off. CABLE will then automatically shut down in 30 seconds.
Ideally, you should store CABLE in a still place because CABLE turns on by activating the accelerometer.
Any problems, please view our blog or contact us directly at 612-305-0212.
- If you need to change the battery, insert the rounded edge of a paperclip (or any similar object), into the notch on the short end, and twist.
- Replace it with a Lithium CR2032 coin cell battery, making sure the positive side (with the writing) faces down.
*If CABLE is used on an average of one hour per day, you should get numerous months of usage between battery changes.
Do not ingest battery. Chemical Burn Hazard.
This product contains a coin cell battery. If the battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think a battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
WARNING: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.