CABLE is an ANT+ to BLE bridge setup to make ANT+ only devices BLE enabled. This allows BLE only applications platforms to access ANT+ sensors.
So why is CABLE perfect for the new Zwift App on AppleTV?
The AppleTV does not support the 30-pin or lightning connector. So, the traditional option of the Wahoo Key 30-pin ANT radio is not available. There is no support for the ANT+ USB stick either. So, the CABLE ANT+ to BLE bridge is the best way to get your ANT+ sensors into the Zwift AppleTV application.
Quick Set Up:
To use CABLE with any BLE compatible app that support multiple BLE services in one connection (like Zwift), follow these simple steps:
*Start the setup of the CABLE unit by using the CABLEConfig app on the iOS device to pair with the ANT+ sensors. Click to download CABLEConfig app: http://appstore.com/cableconfig
Click for the Setup Guide to pair your ANT+ sensors.
After the pairing is done, the Config app is no longer needed.
- Turn the unit on by double tapping the case. Look for the green LED to flash once every two seconds.
- Go to the BLE pairing section of the fitness application and look for the device with CABLE#xxxxx in the name.
- When the app connects to the CABLE, it will flash a green LED once a second. This means that all paired ANT+ sensors are being tracked by the CABLE.
- If any of the paired ANT+ sensors are not being tracked by the CABLE, it will FLASH red.
- At this point, the app will be receiving ANT+ sensor data via the BLE services.
- To turn off: CABLE will automatically turn itself off when the app disconnects from the BLE services.