CABLE Firmware Update 1.8.8:
• Fixes cadence failing at about 3 hours. For those extra long workouts, CABLE will now stay connected.
CABLE Config Application Update 1.2.10
• Option to change bluetooth name. For those that have more than one CABLE, you can now customize the name of the bluetooth for when you are finding your sensors in your fitness app.
• Option to reset CABLE (both sensor sets) by selecting Restore Factory Defaults in the menu.
CABLE Firmware Version 1.8.3 & CABLE Config App Version 1.2.5 Tutorial
STEP 1. DOWNLOAD CABLE CONFIG APP
- In the App Store for iOS devices, download CABLE Config app. This application is used to configure your sensors to the CABLE unit. If the app shows a firmware update pop-up, please install it for best use. *Note: This is the only time you need an iOS device with CABLE. After your sensors are configured with the app, you no longer need the CABLEConfig app on an iOS device. However, you will need it for firmware and app updates, and if you add a new sensor or have two sensor setups, you’ll need the CABLEConfig app again to change the sensor set or configure a new sensor.
- Open your desired fitness application. Each one has a slightly different process, but if the app is BLE compatible, there should be a setting for connecting accessories. Connect your accessories to CABLE using the same assignment* which is used by your fitness App (see CABLE Setup).
- Refer to the individual application help section for understanding how to connect your accessories. You should see your sensor data in the application.
*HRS, CPS, CSCS, RSCS, FTMS (shown in fig. 1.1)
STEP 2. CABLE SETUP
- With the CABLEConfig App open, turn your sensors on, activate them throughout the entire setting up process and keep them within range (3 meters).
- Turn on CABLE by giving the unit a hard double-tap with your finger or by tapping it on a hard surface. Set CABLE close to the iOS device. The top part should turn green once connected to CABLE.
- With your CABLE now turned on and nearby/attached to your bike, tap on the menu in the CABLEConfig app and select “Scan ANT+ Sensors.”
- Tap the boxes to check-mark the sensors that you want to use (fig. 1.1).
- Tap “Save Sensor” at the top. Your sensors should be paired. You may only pair one of each type of sensor (heart rate, cadence, etc.) in any given sensor set- A or B.
ANT+ <–> BLE
- Under ANT+ <-> BLE assignments tab (middle tab), choose what assignment to use (fig 1.2), depending on the sensors and the fitness app you are using. (Refer to the diagram below to help you determine which assignment is appropriate for your fitness app and your sensors.)
- Identify which ANT+ sensors you are using (indicated from ANT+ (IN)).
- Locate which fitness application you are using on the diagram (Fig. 1.3). If your application is not listed, determine the assignment by what Bluetooth service you need according to the type of ANT+ sensor you have (eg: Heart Rate Monitor- choose HRM).
- Identify what type of Bluetooth service you need to use for each ANT+ sensor (acronyms are below). Make sure the fitness app you use matches the assignment and ANT+ sensor you are using. Do NOT select all of the bluetooth services. Selecting all of the bluetooth services may cause connectivity issues and/or drop outs.
- Then, select “Save Assignments” at the top once you have chosen your Bluetooth services.
HRS: Heart Rate
CPS: Cycling Power
CSCS: Cycling Speed and Cadence
RSCS: Running Speed and Cadence
FTMS: Fitness Machine Service (use for treadmills, cross trainer, step climber, etc.)
- TrainerRoad allows only 1 supported service.
For further understanding on ANT+ <–> BLE assignments, please refer to our Blog on ANT+ <–> BLE.
- Finally, tap on the BLE (out) tab to see that your CABLE is outputting your sensors’ data.
- Finally, completely CLOSE the CABLEConfig app.
Note: If your CABLE cannot find your sensor(s), verify that your sensor is ANT+, not ANT or any other profile. If the issue persists, contact customer service. A complete list of Compatible Sensors: Click here
STEP 3. CONNECT FITNESS APPLICATION
- Turn on your sensors.
- Turn on CABLE by giving the unit a hard double-tap with your finger. The CABLE will be blinking green once a second. (See CABLE FAQ section 3 for light sequencing at https://npe-inc.com/cableinfo/cable-faq/
- Turn on your fitness application. Activate your sensors. Connect your ANT+ sensors by tapping on the CABLE option for your sensors in your fitness app.
- Turn off your fitness app.
- Turn your sensors off. CABLE will then automatically shut down in 2 minutes.
Ideally, you should store CABLE in a still place because CABLE turns on by activating the accelerometer.
Any issues, please log in to our support page or contact us directly at +1 (612) 305-0440.
To Make 2 Sensor Sets
- After the first set has been made, turn off your sensors and turn on your second set of sensors.
- With the CABLE on, connected to the CABLE Config app and your sensors activated, go to the menu in the CABLE Config app and select “Switch To Set: Sensor Set 2.”
- Tap for the menu to “Scan ANT+ Sensors” and continue to setup your sensors like the previous set.
- To know what set you are using, your sensor set name is located at the top left side of the CABLE Config app.
*Note: You must change your sensor set in the CABLE Config app each time you change sets. CABLE does not recognize the set you are using unless changed in the CABLE Config app.
Rename Sensor Set: Set 1/2
- With your CABLE turned on and connected to the CABLE Config app, go to the menu and select “Rename Sensor Set: Sensor Set 1/2.”
- A pop-up will enable you to update the name of your sensor set.
Switch to Set: Set 1/2
- With your CABLE turned on and connected to the CABLE Config app, go to the menu and select “Switch To Set: Sensor Set 1/2.”
Restore Factory Defaults
To remove all previously saved sensors and sensor sets, with your CABLE connected to the CABLE Config app, tap on the menu located at the top which shows, “Tap for Menu” and select “Restore Factory Defaults.”
Menu Options (“Tap for Menu” at the top of the application)
Change Bluetooth Name
CABLE is the Bluetooth output name when searching for your sensors in your fitness app. However, when you have 2 CABLEs, it can be confusing to know what CABLE you need to use. So you can customize the name of your Bluetooth output.
- With your CABLE connected to the CABLE Config app, tap on the menu and select “Change Bluetooth Name.”
- A popup will display for you to update the name.
You can apply your CycleOps/PowerTap by following the instructions after tapping on “Scan CycleOps/PowerTap.”
Set Wheel Circumference
You must add your wheel circumference in your fitness app as well.
- Tap on “Tap for Menu,” at the top of the application.
- Tap on “Set Wheel Circumference”
- In millimeters, type in your wheel circumference and tap “SET.”
*This setting is only used by CABLEConfig, not your Fitness App.
Spin Down Option
Spin downs should be done in your fitness application. If it does not have a spin down option, you can use the spin down option in the CABLEConfig app. You do NOT need to use the spin down option in both your fitness app and the CABLEConfig app.
This option cuts off the BLE service. We recommend that you completely close that CABLEConfig app to do this. Doing so enables you to successfully use your fitness application without connectivity issues.
Power Down turns your CABLE off in the CABLEConfig app. We recommend you completely close the CABLEConfig app and wait till it automatically turns off.
This feature can be useful if you have more than one CABLE to setup.
Flash red twice a second: Connecting ANT+ services
2 quick green flashes: CABLE is connected to a mobile device and connected to the ANT+ sensors
Green Flash: CABLE is available to connect to a mobile device/fitness app.