Join the NPE Team!
NPE is a growing contract engineering and design firm working with many leading-edge technology companies in the areas of ASIC, FPGA and embedded systems design. In addition to consulting, NPE is committed to developing its own products. So, if you’re looking for an interesting, fun and rewarding opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the button below.
North Pole Engineering is an equal opportunity employer providing many benefits including medical, IRA, performance bonuses, paid vacation and holidays.
Engineering Project Manager
NPE is looking for an experienced technical project manager that can manage multiple simultaneous client projects. This person must have the ability to work and manage teams under pressure and effectively apply skills of project management and client relationship building!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with engineering team to develop a comprehensive project plan with due dates and defined deliverables.
- Monitor and control projects to ensure they are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Review and understand project requirements including client purchase orders, specifications, customer drawings, quotations, sales orders, and terms of sale.
- Rectify any conflicts and scope changes at the earliest possible time and obtain clients acceptance on necessary price adjustments from these changes.
- Plan and maintain a project schedule that is communicated internally and externally as appropriate.
- Develop & maintain a project action register that assigns responsibilities for project objectives.
- Interface with customers on project status, issues, and changes.
- Review project processes and designs to ensure the planned operations are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Schedule and conduct regular project planning, reviews, team meetings and status updates. Submit regular reports to management and the customer.
- Be the project focal point for all communications.
- Conduct project post postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Track major project costs against the project plan and report discrepancies as appropriate
- Interpret and explain project requirements and contract terms to administrative staff, shop personnel and clients.
- Utilize company systems and procedures to ensure all client deliverables are appropriately provided.
Skills and Experience
- S. Degree or Equivalent, preferably in electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of appropriate professional experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology environment.
- Good working knowledge of Agile project management software, preferably JIRA.
- Demonstrated team-based problem solving, consensus building and facilitation skills.
- Positive leadership skills to effectively manage the desired project outcomes.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Process-oriented skills.
- Strong customer contact experience.
- Small company experience a plus.
This position requires the candidate to work in our Minneapolis MN office. No relocation package is being offered for this hire.