North Pole Engineering (NPE) is an Internet of Things product and engineering services company. For over 20 years, NPE has specialized in providing sensors and enabling technologies to companies across a wide range of vertical markets including sports, fitness, and wellness. Our goal is to help clients integrate cost-effective technology for their sensor-based products and systems to efficiently move data to the Internet where it can be used to enhance operations, reduce costs, and improve client experiences. Above all, we are innovators. We bring our best selves every day to offer you the best solutions.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated RF Engineer to design and develop electronic circuits, equipment, and systems using the latest Bluetooth, WiFi and other standard RF protocols for the wide array of wireless IoT products that NPE designs, manufactures and markets.
- Design, debug, and test Radio Frequency (RF) and Analog Circuits (power amplifier, low-noise amplifier and filter design)
- Prepare or direct preparation of product layouts, detailed drawings and schematics
- Direct and coordinate manufacture of prototypes
- Plan and develop experimental test programs to verify compliance to all applicable regulations and quality guidelines
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if the proposed design meets functional and performance specifications
- Guide design through the FCC certification and other regulatory agencies as required
- Coordinate with other functional teams during the life cycle of the product and be responsible for and require design modifications
- Evaluate engineering test results for possible application to developments of other systems
- Use of software tools and test equipment to formulate and test electronic designs
- Support production facilities in the manufacture of products
- Interface with the Test Engineers and factory personnel on the testing and production of the products
- Perform cost/performance tradeoff analysis of different circuit options
- Investigate the usage of the latest components and technologies
- Complete documentation of the design in the required formats
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience with RF test equipment and simulation tools (Altium, ADS, Eagleware, Microwave Office, HFSS) for electronics design, testing and documentation
- Experience with Nordic semiconductor ICs a plus
- Solid State Transmitter Design and Bluetooth/WIFI Receiver/Antenna Design
This position requires the candidate to work in our Minneapolis MN office.
No relocation package is being offered for this hire.