Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
North Pole Engineering (NPE) is an Internet of Things product and engineering services company. For over 20 years, NPE has specialized in providing sensors and enabling technologies to companies across a wide range of vertical markets including sports, fitness, and wellness. Our goal is to help clients integrate cost-effective technology for their sensor-based products and systems to efficiently move data to the Internet where it can be used to enhance operations, reduce costs, and improve client experiences. Above all, we are innovators. We bring our best selves every day to offer you the best solutions.
We are seeking a talented, motivated senior level Embedded Software Engineer. This position will be responsible for working with a wide variety of microprocessors, wireless and control technologies in a small team environment. Previous projects have included motor control, interfacing with iOS and Android applications, and data collection from a wide assortment of sensors. The successful candidate will convert requirements to an efficient, robust implementation by defining the design architecture, implementing the firmware and creating tests to verify operation against requirements.
- Designing firmware for embedded projects, both independently and as part of a team.
- Providing guidance in the areas of microprocessor selection, development tools and general architecture.
- Work efficiently, staying within project budget and scope.
- Provide leadership to other engineers and teams.
- Maintain proper documentation and revision control infrastructure.
- Interface with external customers to support custom design integration needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- Extensive experience using embedded C.
- Comfortable working with bare-metal or RTOS based designs.
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in embedded firmware development.
- Ability to work with hardware to debug problems. Excellent low-level debugging skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to document in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with the operation of logic analyzers and other electrical equipment.
- Familiarity with communication protocols: TCP/IP, CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, WiFi, BLE, ANT.
- Experience with embedded TDD
- Experience writing .NET applications with C#
- Familiarity with ARM Cortex-M processors including STM32 and nRF52
This position requires the candidate to work in our Minneapolis MN office.
No relocation package is being offered for this hire.